A multi-carrier small parcel strategy gives customers the flexibility to utilize delivery services from more than one carrier. As late 2020 showed, shippers can no longer depend on a single parcel carrier to meet all their shipping needs. Shippers utilizing multiple carrier services have more options to select a carrier and service to meet customer expectations at the lowest cost, while minimizing the risks of exceeding volume capacity with a single carrier. A multi-carrier manifesting system makes it easier for shippers to utilize more than one carrier by taking the complexity out of label certification and manifest compliance.
Benefits of Multi-Carrier Parcel Solutions
- Automated technology increases accuracy and efficiency in shipping
- Pre-integrated with many carriers to reduce carrier on boarding timeline
- Direct volumes according to carrier’s strengths
- Compare several carrier modes and rates simultaneously in real-time
- Balance cost and service: decrease spending on transportation while increasing customer satisfaction
- Reduce the risk of carriers unilaterally restricting volumes
Multi-carrier parcel systems allow you to compare rates across all carriers and at the same time. Rate comparisons consider the package characteristics such as weight, dimensions and destination with the expected transit requirement to select faster delivery service at the lowest cost.
A company with a robust multi-carrier solution, such as GEODIS, maintains relationships with each of its national and regional small package carriers to build the optimal shipping solutions for customers of any size. Additionally, we are constantly evaluating how each carrier’s shipping rules and assessorial charges are impacting customers so we can accommodate for those changes in the rating logic to mitigate shipping costs. The GEODIS multi-carrier shipping technology is already integrated with our Warehouse Management System which offers clients the easiest way to take advantage of a multi-carrier parcel shipping solution. Contact us today for more information.